Sprouted Whole Grain French Toast
We've resurrected this great recipe by Danielle DeLeon from our archives, enjoy!
Sprouted Grain French Toast and Wild Berry Sauce
French Toast Ingredients:
- 4 half inch slices Columbia County Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread - Toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey warmed in microwave for 10-20 seconds (use a bowl)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp butter
- Berry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup berries of your choice
1/2 tbsp cane sugar or sweetener of choice
Combine and mix eggs, milk, and warm honey in a shallow bowl
- Soak bread in mixture for about one minute on each side
- Warm pan to medium heat and melt butter
- Simmer bread about three minutes, flip, repeat
- In a separate bowl combine berries and sugar
- Mash and stir berries with a fork to reach desired consistency
- Stack french toast, top with berry sauce, and enjoy!
*This recipe may not fit your specific dietary needs.
Leave a comment